We believe childhood and education should be filled with fun, enthusiasm and kindness. And we are honored each time parents choose Avalon. It’s because all parents want to have a child care facility that looks after their children the same way they would. Parents choose us because Avalon Childcare has been doing that since it first opened its doors in 1997.
Ratings and Certifications
The following are training programs that staff at Avalon is required to attend and pass:
- Department of Health training programs in:
- Infant and Toddler Care | Infectious disease | Math for Young Children | Block Building | Sparks Working with students with behavioral disorders | Child abuse identification & prevention | Setting up health systems | Preparing developmentally appropriate classroom arrangement | Lead poisoning
- SUNY Medication Administration Training Program (MAT)
- Early childhood Direction Center – funded by the NYS Education Department VESID office.
- NYS Center for Sudden Infant Death sponsored by the NYC Satellite Office/ MHRA (SID). NYS office of Children & Family Services (OCFS), Early Childhood Education & Training Program Video Conference. NYS Teacher’s Certification Examinations. In house video training programs – Tune in For Safety.